Friday 14 March 2008

Five for Friday

Five posts I didn't write in the past two weeks:

.


. The last time I made pie crust I stored up some small pie shells, then on an unscheduled Sunday afternoon we each made our own small apple pies. Well, I made Ken's. Steven was the apple slicing expert because of all of his band fundraiser pie making experience back in the fall.

(Casey, Carmen's Webkinz, looks on as Steven works.)




I was wandering the aisles of Shopper's Drug Mart recently while Jaclyn deliberated over a body spray scent, when I found Sippahh Milk Flavouring Straws (spell check doesn't like my Canadian spelling for Flavouring).
. .
.
They're these straws with flavour beads inside that flavour the milk as you draw it through the straw. I bought strawberry and chocolate, but it comes in other flavours (now I'm just having fun annoying spell check with my Canadian/British spelling). After I found them at Shopper's I started seeing them everywhere. I bought a whole bunch of chocolate flavoured straws for Jaclyn to take to school. On school milk days if the kitchen runs out of chocolate milk 9th grade gets stuck with white milk, so Jaclyn is just keeping the straws in her locker ready to be class hero one of these days.





Chloe has a special talent for cajoling me into something fun. And as soon as that fun thing is done she is ready with another fun idea. She has really been wanting to go to Home Depot for the kid's club that is held on the second Saturday of the month ever since another friend of hers went. So right after Karate last Saturday we headed to Home Depot and she and I built this little art caddy (she calls it a tool box and thinks I need to buy mini tools for her now). We had a good time, but as soon as we were done she was talking about going on a picnic to the park that afternoon. Her fun appetite is insatiable.
.


Jaclyn participated in the Kiwanis Music Festival on Wednesday. She played 3 pieces in a recital class, taking about 18 minutes of time. She entered the festival just for the opportunity to get some adjudication on the pieces she is working on, which she got. The bonus was she coming home with a second place certificate..
.

.

Last Easter I shared the paper bunnies I like to make through good mail, and now a few of them are travelling the web. I just gave away another pattern yesterday - it is fun to share. As I am typing this I am not sure if you will be able to click on the pattern to print it full sized, but if that works, you have a template for a paper Easter bunny. Fold a piece of paper lengthwise, line up the long straight side of the template along the folded edge, trace, cut, and voila! A quick and easy kids craft.

.. .




Nope, it doesn't expand. Why do some pictures take you to their own image web page and some don't? Try this photobucket page then click on the image to get a full sized template.

12 comments:

Marie said...

Congrats Jaclyn! I never played the piano in the festival because I wanted to AVOID adjudication.

Chloe is a fun, fun girl. Always on the go and ready to start a party. Gotta love her.

I saw those straws and we tried them, but I wasn't a fan so we haven't done it again. The kids liked them though, so maybe it would be a fun idea for their easter baskets.

Amy said...

I need to do one of these big "everything I haven't posted about" posts. I still have my Barb bunnies from last year...so cute & for sure spreadable. And I'm smiling at your measuring of Chloe's fun appetite..you are always up to something extra so I somehow imagine it's an inherited trait!

Denise said...

Second place! Go Jaclyn! Very impressive.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Wow! What a fun catch-up post Barb. I'm so glad you did it.

I loved my bunny pattern last year. Your's look so cute on your mantle and aren't those pussy willows right next to them? They look great, too.

What a good mom to encourage Chloe's interests.

Anonymous said...

I loved how every kid was highlighted in this post!

Chloe in her work goggles cracked me up.

What a great experience for Jaclyn!

It seems like all I do lately is post random catch up things and cupcakes. I need to get my regular rhythm back!

Jill said...

You really are the pie making queen.

I need to get my bunny out (that was the first good mail you sent me). I'm having such a hard time adjusting to Easter being so early this year.

Kelly said...

Awesome post! Do five more, I loved them all!

Bond Girl 007 said...

those bunnies are adorable. i love how they look and yellow it is sooo sunny!

Tiffany said...

What a talented and busy family you have! ...and what a cute bunny!

Michelle Alley said...

Wow! Go Jaclyn! That is so great! Your bunnies are really cute too! Fun post Barb!

Unknown said...

i just pulled out the little bunny book i made last year, using your wonderful pattern!! many bunny thanks to you!

Lucy said...

Ditto on the congratulations. It's nice to do catch up posts now and then. Especially when we get to catch up on the wonders of our kids:)