Monday 30 May 2016

Lake Minnewanka

We have a couple more kids working towards their Duke of Edinburgh Award, and I'm so happy!


I'm very much a happy camper, and back country camping is my fav! We had to bundle up a bit because camping in the Rockies in May is cold.


I can't get enough of this


Or this


Ken spotted a hummingbird settle down and perch on the top of this tree when we were taking a break. Carmen and Chloe saw a black bear and her cub when they were further up the trail, but the bears didn't stick around long enough to get a picture.


Here's where we set up camp, it was such a perfect spot.


This hike counted as Chloe's Bronze level journey and Carmen's Silver level practise journey.


I can't wait to go back


I could almost do this every weekend


I'll just have to convince Ken.

No comments: