Friday 8 February 2008

I am blogger hear me roar

{Alright, I coached myself for this: stand up straight, smile, don't roll your eyes. Say thank-you. Resist the urge to bow down and cry out "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"}
Thank you, Kelly A, for sending a *roar* my way. I'm happy to be recognized for keeping it real, and I'm grateful to be accepted for who I am. Awhile ago I mentioned my blog to someone, and she said, "Oh, you're one of those." Proudly, yes I am. Lucy nominated several of the same bloggers that I want to nominate in the spirit of keeping it real:
Kelly - you have the best blogging material in your real life.
Marie - you are almost too good to be true, but since you really are that good your blog is real.
Jane - you are the voice of reason.
April - I appreciate your campaign for real beauty in individual words.
Kathryn - okay you're a professional and you don't need another award, but I'm proud to have had you babysit my children back in the day, and I especially appreciated your real post on being positive.
No acceptance speech required, but let out a roar if you like.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I love your self-talk! It was fun to link to your friend's site that I hadn't seen already--thanks!

michelle said...

Nice. A little recognition never hurts!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your awesome and deserve some feel good recognition.
Enjoy.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Congratulations, Barb! You have such a delightful blog and I appreciate everytime bloglines shows me you have a new post up.

Thanks, too, for your very kind words. Your compliment will feed me for days! Thank you, thank you.

carlo said...

fantastic. I agree with KellyA that your blog keeps it real and real funny, a lot of the times.

i so enjoy your wit and personality.

i am so glad "you are one of those"

Anonymous said...

Why, thank you! The things I miss out on when I take a week off blogging!

jenny said...

I'll let out a roar for you too :)

Lucy said...

You do have a delightfully powerful blog. I can learn a lot from you, so I appreciate your taking the time to share your wit, wisdom and pluck.

April said...

Quite a compliment coming from you, since I look up to you in EVERYTHING. Thanks for the roar...can I say how much I can't wait to meet you in real life?