Monday 11 February 2008

52 Blessings

Things that last.
I find it very frustrating when I have to go out and buy something I already have. I wish everything, or at least everything I like, would last forever. I don't want to buy a new blender, I already have a blender. Like that. It was part of my issue with buying a new minivan. "But I already have a minivan!"
I am grateful when something lasts beyond my expectations. We have these sheets, they were a wedding gift. I've never loved the color, pattern, or style (I don't like the ruffles) but have they lasted! And after 17 years they are so soft.
We now usually sleep on non ruffled chocolate brown sheets that 'go' with the rest of the room, but when I wash our new sheets and forget them in the dryer until bedtime and the sheets are freezing cold from the outside air coming in through the dryer vent I am very happy to sleep on our old long lasting sheet set.
I'm considering writing the Milne's a second thank you card.

8 comments:

Marie said...

I love that you remember who they are from.

And yes, I totally agree about the things that last. I have bought 4 (I think?) hand mixers since we got married. What? How can I possibly kill them so fast?

Marie said...

I love that you remember who they are from.

And yes, I totally agree about the things that last. I have bought 4 (I think?) hand mixers since we got married. What? How can I possibly kill them so fast?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I think your comment about rethanking the Milnes' is very funny.

April said...

Send the note!

michelle said...

I love this! I too hate re-buying things I already have. And I love the idea of sending them a second thank-you note.

carlo said...

i love soft and comfy sheet and I think you would make their day if you sent the note!

Amy said...

Is it bad that I love replacing "just fine" for bigger, better & newer?!

Tiffany said...

I agree it is a great idea to send a second thank you card! That is one of those things I think of every now and then, but never have carried through on!

Soft sheets are definitely the best!