Thursday 24 January 2008


So I have this friend, let's call her Orange Blossom. This week she sent me the sweetest good mail ever!
. Really, no one has ever grown an orange for me before, I was really touched that she'd ship this big box of sunshine up to Canada. It is good to know that somewhere in the world it is warm right now.
.
I suspect that maybe she's done this before, because she used this cute label for her return address (I erased her last name and address - superheros like Orange Blossom don't like to have their secret identities revealed).


The oranges arrived on the perfect day, when I was feeling like a bit of a crab apple. Appropriately, the only fruit bearing tree in my own back yard.

Thanks for the Vitamin C !
.

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Aw, that is just delightful!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could ship fruit over the border. Looks like yes. Yahoo for a bit of sunshine sent your way!

Katie A. said...

Oh, those look yummy! What a great mid-winter treat. Your crab apple is so funny!

Tiffany said...

Yea for sunshine in the mail! And, catching up on your latest posts...love your monkeys and the spt! I don't know what I'd do without a library around. I remember walking into our local one for the first time and being stunned with it's smallness. But, you get used to what you have! I've never thought of book-reading as a hobby for the kids! :-) I guess mine do have a hobby after all!

April said...

Oh, I'm so happy they made it to you...I'm doing a little dance of joy. I was afraid they'd be frozen through by the time they made it all the way up to you and your monkeys. We love them juiced, but you can eat them too.

Customs (or UPS Canada...can't remember which) said that sometimes you have to pay to receive stuff shipped over the border...hope you didn't have to...I was worrying about that all weekend.

Natasha said...

Now that is just awesome good mail! I didn't know persihables could be shipped internationally either!

Barb said...

Yes, I was impressed that they didn't freeze. And no, I didn't have to pay any duty or handling fees - April, you marked it as a 'gift' and that's what saved me from the extra charges.

jenny said...

Nothing like some orange nectar to make your week!

Price Cream Parlor said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Sandi said...

We have a sister in our ward who invites us to come to her home and pick citrus every year. She grows the best citrus. We are blessed. Glad you got some southern sunshine.

Marie said...

Horay for April!

Very cute and fun post to read, Barb!

michelle said...

That is possibly the best mail ever! Sunshine in a box in the dead of winter. So sweet.

Michelle Alley said...

I caught your comment about the taxes - yeah! I was thinking the same thing! What a great gift - yummy-a bit of sunshine! Enjoy all of it!