Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas Eve

Ken:
The only thing better than Christmas Eve is Christmas Eve on a Monday night.
.
.
Not that we watched football all night! We had cousins and grandparents and an aunt and uncle over for dinner.
.
..
Ross kept us entertained!
.
Carmen thought Ross was very funny.
.
Emma and Carmen both bundled up to play in our cold, unfinished basement.
.

Steven and Marissa tried to keep up with Ross.
.
But Erica knew there was just no competing with the funny man of the evening.

.
Erica won the right/left pass-the-present game, which meant she got to open Apples to Apples for the kids to play together before the cousins had to go home.

.


Chloe set out cookies and chocolate milk for Santa. She has decided she believes this year, a difficult feat for a 6 year old with three older siblings..

{Carmen figured out Santa Claus at 3 years old - but first she figured out the Easter bunny. For some reason the whole idea of the Easter bunny seemed absurd even to her little 3 year old mind, and she was so upset with me for perpetuating the lie that I finally caved and admitted to being the Easter bunny for our family. She was so relieved to get the truth out of me. Her only other question was could she see my bunny outfit? (Daddy wishes I had a bunny outfit, honey) Within a week the tooth fairy and Santa Claus were also figured out - all without the 'help' of older siblings. Actually, at that point Steven still believed.}

So I think Chloe's doing well. Especially considering she shares a room with Carmen.

:-)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like your Christmas Eve was a fun night.

This is our first year with an official "in the know" kid. Avery has suspicions but wants to believe. She came home a few weeks ago all upset because of a "rumor" at school that Santa is not real.

Can you believe I'm the first one up this morning? I even beat Keith. What is the world coming to?

carlo said...

Oh I love, love, love it. The pics, the family gathering, the bunny outfit comment! You always make me smile Barb!

Hoping you and your lovely family enjoy the day...Merry Christmas to each of you!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Merry Christmas Barb! That bunny outfit comment was great.

I had the same problem--non believer kids. Some kids are just too analytical for their own good, huh? As for me? Randy Mills told me in first grade and I've never cared for him since.

I hope you're having a great time...looks like you are.

sista # 2 said...

Merry Christmas!-Janae

Price Cream Parlor said...

Looks like a great evening! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Lindsay said...

May your day be merry and bright! Merry Christmas, Barb!

Mandy said...

Merry Christmas!

April said...

We still have some believers at our house...I think my oldest is suspicious...he's a bit too "scientific" to really accept the idea that this is even possible. He keeps saying, "I just don't understand." I'm just staying mum for now.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

We gave up going to our family's for the evening due to the weather. Instead we enjoyed our new puppy and some good food. Plus we watch Mr Krugers Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

jenny said...

Looks like a night of laughter and fun. Taylor is still teetering Santa as well. We'll have to see what next year brings. Merry Christmas!!

Denise said...

LOL! I predict next year Santa will leave a bunny costume under the tree. Just go with it.

My 6-yr-old had some suspicious comments this year, but in the end she convinced herself that it really was santa, so at least she's had a little magic, unlike the tooth fairy thing, which got blabbed before she ever lost her first tooth, compliments of a big brother. I was ticked off and threatened him with extreme torture if he ruined Santa for her.

Merry Christmas!

Sandi said...

Love the pictures. I'm glad to see you had such a fun time. Merry Christmas

Marie said...

I bought Christmas Crackers last year when they were on sale. I stored them for a year to use. I took them out of the bins and left them on my microwave so I would see them everyday. Christmas eve I saw them and was excited to watch the kids play with them the next day.

Christmas came, and I forgot.

Maybbe next year.

Lucy said...

Two days ago all our kids were believers, and now one is not. I'm not happy about it, but you're right, eventually they figure it out and I always felt a little weird about blatantly lying to him.

Your kids are adorable and the festivities look fun. I love large families during the holidays:)

Jill said...

My kids are both big-time believers and I'm so glad. I'm kind of surprised that they haven't questioned us at all, but so far they're convinced.

Amy said...

Chloe's little face is so gorgeous in that last picture. I love that she believes...despite..

And I'm laughing aloud at your "daddy wishes I had a bunny outfit"!

michelle said...

We did Christmas crackers last night! Marc's mom is from England and always gets them for everyone.

Max figured out the Santa thing at age 3 as well, such a bummer. Marc said, "well, it's fun to pretend" and he's been doing a great job of pretending for the last 9 years!

We like Apples to Apples here as well, and there's nothing quite like playing with cousins, is there?