Thursday 22 November 2007

Naughty or Nice

We had our YW in Excellence event this week. We presented these cards to each of the YW to congratulate them for all of their hard work this year. I scanned the cover of a personal progress book, edited out the YW medallion picture that was in the middle, printed the cards, and then attached a YW chocolate coin to each card. They worked out pretty nice.


Good Mail from Elizabeth (nice)!


Good mail from Lisa (nice)!


Good birthday mail from Kristi (28 yards of nice)!

*

And today I had a creative Thursday with my friend, Angela (nice). She made her Christmas cards and I made my Secret Santa gift for work. I drew the name of the nicest woman. She's so sincere and caring and devoted (nice) but she has the wildest college stories I've ever heard (naughty). I knew just what I wanted to give her: some of my favorite Christmas wrap.

But a tube of wrapping paper didn't seem like much of a gift,

So I pulled out my Cricut and used up a bit of an already opened package of wrap to make a dozen coordinating gift tags to go with her wrapping paper. (blurry, but nice)

And then I made her a card. The inside says: To a girl who is BOTH! Love, your Secret Santa. (I made the envelope from wrapping paper with my Cricut. I love that machine!)

.

17 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Barb, I've never wanted a cricut more than after seeing all that you do with one.

I love your YW in Excellence cards, too.

You're just so darn creative! Thanks for sharing it all.

Sandi said...

My resolve not to buy more scrapbook stuff is dissolving as I read your post. How absolutely precious.

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously, I have a Cricut that sits in a box under my desk because I have no idea how to use it, so I think oh, I'll just cut it out with scissors. Time to get acquainted! I should have had you give me a tutorial this summer.

I'm glad someone's YW in Excellence was *nice* since mine ended up much more on the *naughty* end. :(

Jill said...

Your projects, handouts and all of that for YW are always so great, I'm sure the girls keep everything you give them.

Creative Thursday eh? I love it! Your tags are darling, what a good idea.

Elizabeth said...

That paper is so cute. Especially with the great things you did with it.

Price Cream Parlor said...

I love this creative goodness. I am sure that your coworker will love this idea and your creative gift!

April said...

Again, I must confess I think you're a wonder. I've never even heard of a Cricut. But, I was most excited about when I clicked on your link for chocolate medallions and I saw the "Baby Dear" book. I loved that book as a girl and just seeing it made my heart contract.

Kelly said...

Cute!

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh how ssweeet all this looks...sooo christmasie....and i am sure she is going to love it.

Unknown said...

nice, nice NICE! you are so crafty

jenny said...

I wish I had one of those machines. Those cards are cute!

Amy said...

You're so creative! I need to meet you in person & hope it rubs off somehow!

Michelle Alley said...

What a fantastic idea Barb! I love the naughty and nice thing - very creative!

everything pink! said...

ok your christmas card is the BEST EVER!! seriously it is amazingly creative. you may win my best christmas card prize this year!!!

everything pink! said...

oh ya and in a few days i am posting the best ever YW idea my friend made and sent me. it is so unbelievable!!!

carlo said...

oh my, i can't believe that you have already sent your cards. (amazing)

and it is amazing

and i am so in awe of how on top of things you are!

can we say inspiration?

yay!

ps- i opened my bday card and i can't believe you are on top of that, too! wow. thank you for thinking of me...

michelle said...

What?! You've already sent your Christmas cards?? {{jealous!!}} I don't even have an idea yet and am toying with the idea of not doing them at all...

Love the naughty or nice gift!