Wednesday 13 June 2007

Good Mail


Right on, I got a card from Jill with a *Queen of Good Mail* stamp on the envelope. I know Jill feels maybe a little foolish sending out her face on the front of a stamp, but to me it's just natural. Mail and Jill go together. So here's the rest of the story: until the end of June all the personalized stamps ordered are automatically entered into a contest to have that stamp featured in an exhibit at the Smithsonian. I'm sure someone will come up with something profound for a personalized stamp that will be clearly deserving of the honor, but I wrote in to the contest and told them all about good mail and the girl who has increased the use of mail for many people. Jill, you deserve the Smithsonian in my book. Alright, enough about the envelope, look at that cute card! I'm pretty sure that's a Parisian pastries picture on the front. A little piece of Paris. Perfect.



I got another card from Elizabeth. I love homemade cards, and aqua and chocolate brown together? This card matches my house and my wardrobe!



And here's my copy of the Blogger's Summer Cook Book! I was impressed with how quickly it arrived. Elizabeth, I know how long that must have taken to put these cute books together for everyone, and I really appreciated it.



I have a little bit of self-induced good mail, also. These are some chocolate medallions I ordered for YW in Excellence, which won't be till November, but I'm all about working ahead. If you are in YW you should really check these out at White Elegance. I thought I ordered the medallions with the YW girl on them, but I was shipped the temple spires medallions, which I guess is also very YW's-y. I think I want to bind something like a book for each YW with velvet ribbon, and attach one of these medallions on top, or something like that. I don't know, I'm just typing out loud here.

And last, but certainly not least, I bought back a piece of my childhood on eBay. I loved this book when I was little, and I am so happy to have reclaimed it. How does a mom know which childhood things to hold on to for her own kids and which childhood things can hit the donation pile?

I wonder what I've tossed that my kids will buy for themselves on eBay or in Value Village someday. . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I'm at your house, I'll need a moment to read Baby Dear. I loved that book, too.

Great idea to get Jill into the Smithsonian -- I love it!

Elizabeth said...

I have been buying back all the Nancy Drew books.

I am impressed with the mail speed lately. I am glad it got to you in early summer.

Michelle Alley said...

Great idea with the medallions and ribbon. Good news on receiving goodmail. I've sent out two items of goodmail this week! That's a lot for me. So happy you were able to locate that book.

Marie said...

Fun post! Great idea for the medallions. I had no idea anything like that existed. Very cool, Young Women's Prez.

I felt the same way when I found, "Never Talk to Strangers" at a garage sale. I love that book.

Mandy said...

Little Golden Books were the best when I was little. I may need to go back through the books my Mom kept for us. Too sweet!

Jill said...

You're freaking me out! You didn't really write to the Smithsonian about me did you? Gasp!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember Baby Dear!