Tuesday 23 October 2007

SPT - It's all here in black and white.
*
So generally I prefer photographs in color. I know, it's more hip and sophisticated to go for the black and white, but I've learned that's just not me. Having said that, I do like this picture in black and white - it seems to suit the subject.
*
Ken's step-grandmother, Myrt, passed away a few weeks ago and Ken's mom took the time to choose a few of Myrt's belongings that we might appreciate and I now own this neat old camera. I tried to load some 35mm film into it, and it doesn't fit, so I need to go to a specialty store and see if I can find film that works in a Kando circa ??? ?I'll betcha the film I find will be black and white! I am really excited to try this camera out and enjoy some black and white pictures taken on my keepsake.
*

18 comments:

sista # 2 said...

What a cool little treasure! I have
a black and white wall of pix. We
take one every year ;) ciao

Michelle Alley said...

I love that cute little camera. And love your photo too. Sorry I've been away from your blog for so long! I've been a bit busy and missed a lot! Hope you are well!

Mandy said...

what a cool camera! I am interested to see the pictures you take with it. What a find!

Jill said...

Cool photo and cool camera Barb.

Sandi said...

I bet it is 110. I have an old Brownie camera that was a gift for my High School graduation. It takes 110 film and the best pictures I have ever taken. 110 film does come in color or black and white. Be sure to share the pictures with us.

Ortensia Norton said...

Sil would be jealous

Unknown said...

that's a very cool gift. i hope you have success finding film and testing it out!

michelle said...

Very cool! I love how cute that camera is. Can't wait to see how you use it.

everything pink! said...

just think without spt, you would have never taken this photo!!
awesome

jenny said...

what a cool treasure!

Lindsay said...

Ooh, very neat camera and great shot too!

melanie said...

I love this SPT. The camera is such a cool thing to pass down. Great photo.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I just love black and white photos. There's just something about them that is so beautiful to me. That camera is a very cool keepsake. And if you can find film so you can actually use it--what a treasure!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

I really love black and white photo's!

You and I both had pictures of us behind the camera!

I enjoyed reading your post!

Anonymous said...

What a cool camera. I just love the way this whole shot is framed!!! Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I find it surprising that you are not into black and white photos. This one is very cool. And so is that camera. I can't wait to see the pictures you take with it.

Marie said...

cool camera. I hope you can find the film for it.

Bond Girl 007 said...

this is a wonderful spt....and the camera, is just sooo antique looking