Saturday 20 October 2007

Getting into the Halloween Spirit

I don't like to spend the whole month of October on Halloween (to me that would upgrade the significance of the holiday to Christmas) but with a week and a half to go I pulled out our decorations, started working on costumes, and today we did a Halloween craft.
%
%

Some crafts we just don't get tired of, I guess. We've done this one before, but it is cheap, quick, and satisfying so we did it again today.

%

Mini terracotta pots, black paint, and votive candles - that's it! Just make sure you buy enough supplies for mom, too - I always forget that I'm going to want to get in on the craft myself and only buy enough materials for the kids.


I am feeling tired as I type this up. Is this post missing some pep, or is it just me? Maybe I could liven it up by changing all the font to large & bold, and then use more exclamation points and edit my pictures to saturate the colors. Or maybe I'll just change the font color to orange . . .

%

15 comments:

jenny said...

I think your pots are darling. I haven't blogged on Saturday in a while (except for today) due to my lack of pep. Saturday's seem to wear me out, or I am just too worried about being prepared for Sunday.


I like your blog! I think the dark ones are much to hard to read. But that's just my opinion. I like the orange font.

Jill said...

That's a cute project, I'm sure Whitney would love to do that, anything involving paint is appealing.

carlo said...

ok seriously? those pots are the cutest thing ever. and so easy, too. love, love, love it!

and i think it goes without saying that i adore the orange font.

Mandy said...

I Love the pots! They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

The pots are really cute. I don't like to spend the whole month on Halloween, either, but with a week and a half to go -- I only have one costume taken care of. I've got to get in Halloween gear!

Kelly said...

Ah, I like your reason for not spending a month on Halloween. My kids keep asking me why we don't have our decorations out. It's because I've been focused on our three October birthdays, but now that they are over and I am just too pooped to celebrate anything else, I'll use the not more important than December reason!

Great craft. I need more creative that doesn't involve calories

Emily said...

Very cute. And lovely orange font!

Amy said...

Love the subtle pep of your orange font. You are hilarious!

Jan said...

Hi Barb -- thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - I'm (*obviously!) a fan of orange! I credit the cuteness of the blog to my daughter who is a whiz. I noticed you're in Canada -- I grew up in Southern Alberta -- small world! Where are you?

Jan said...

Barb -- just found your note on my blog -- I grew up in Lethbridge too. I'm obviously quite a bit older than you are but my maiden name was Erickson - - what was yours? Amazing what a small world it really is. My parents are still in Lethbridge and I was up there in Sept. for my nephew's wedding.

Lucy said...

Yes! I have the exact same feelings about celebrating Halloween for an entire month because it puts it up there with Christmas. And it doesn't belong up there.

Now, I need to follow your lead and at least have a fun week. Some year:)

Denise said...

Ooh! I'm hosting playgroup next week, and that would be such a fun craft for them! They're probably too young to let them loose with paint or markers, but maybe stickers...I love it!

Michelle Alley said...

Love those pots! Such a cute idea and it looks like everyone had fun making them - no pep needed Barb!

michelle said...

I love your reasoning for not celebrating Halloween all month long! It may be fun, but it's no Christmas.

Marie said...

I have done the pots too, but I paint them like candy corn instead of jack-o-lanturns. Yours turned out very cute.