Thursday 26 July 2007

Good Mail

For a very long time the kids have had a regular squabble in the car over who gets to use the key to get the mail as we drive by our community mailbox. Once in a while, when each the kids is sure that it is their turn to get the mail I settle the argument by telling them that I'll take the turn that day. Now that there is always a possibility of good mail in the mailbox I'm a little more interested in a regular turn with the mail key.


Michelle sent me a package this week which I thought I knew the contents of without even opening it, so I let my little girls open it. Ha! It was a complete surprise to me - I've really never been a very good guesser of gifts on birthdays or Christmas. So here's what she sent me: 2 tins of her lip balm, a lavender pincushion kit from Mt. Vernon, some Belgian dark chocolate, and a very crafty card. I feel so craft humbled looking this card over. Thank you!


Jill sent me some beautiful note cards to feed my new love of stationery. Look how they match my header! They are beautiful and just my style. Jill's note card has a photograph she took at The Louvre on her Paris trip. If I ever go on a cool holiday like that I am copying this idea. I love that she has found a unique way to use and share her holiday pictures.



My visiting teacher was telling me that she has a friend who is on a holiday in England right now, and that this friend was going to bring back the new Harry Potter stamps released by Royal Mail in celebration of the publishing of the final Harry Potter book. Well, I don't have a friend vacationing in England, but luckily for me the stamps were available to order online. I ordered 2 sets of stamps with the U.K./Canadian editions of the covers of the series of Harry Potter books and one set of stamps with the Hogwarts Crest along with the crests of each of the four houses.



It was worth ordering something from Britain just to get an envelope sent by 'Royal Mail'.


9 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE the notecards from Jill - beautiful! Can you e-mail me at amhend@hotmail.com? I must send you an e-mail extolling the many virtues of America's Test Kitchen!

Marie said...

If I bought the Harry Potter stamps I'd never want to use them! I'd keep them, or scrapbook them, or put one in each of my books....

melanie said...

Love all your good mail! The HP stamps are very cool. I only have 50 pages left... so sad to have no books left.

Anonymous said...

Not a Harry fan, as you know, but even I can appreciate the complete coolness of those stamps!

Good mail has definitely changed my attitudes about the mailbox, too.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Always a bright spot to find such goodness waiting for YOU in the mail!
I am loving the HP stamps! So fun!

jenny said...

I just may have to order some of those stamps. For cool!

Those note cards are delightful. And I too received a package from Michelle.

Michelle Alley said...

So glad it arrived, it seems it took quite a long time, but that's what I expect when mailing from here! My girls also love to see what "goodmail" has arrived, and are quite upset that I get to open it! All well. Love those cards from Jill - so sweet and the stamps look really cool. Have a great day!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you're more interested in getting the mail these days, I've always loved to get the mail but much more so these days as well.

Those Harry Potter stamps are pretty cool, I love good postage.

Sandi said...

What fun to get such a great package in the mail.