Tuesday 1 May 2007

Smaller than a deck of cards

With all the self portraits I've been doing, I'm a little embarrassed not to have one on the designated day - sorry! So Lelly's challenge was:
*Show & tell one of your most treasured items. the catch is (YES, there is a catch)... it must be smaller than a deck of cards!*
I want to show this paint chip card holder I made awhile back from the instructions on Design Verb. You should really let the original site do the 'tell' on how to make this. I will tell you that it took me a whole evening, which is why I've only made one, but revisiting Design Verb has me inspired to try again.
How is this a treasured item? It represents my return to making, building, creating, and crafting. All work and no play - no more!

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

A spark to creativity is definitely a prized possession. It haw been fun catching up on your blog. Those flowers are adorable. What a great idea. Even I a non-sewer could pull that off.
And your retreat looks like it was fun.

jenny said...

What a great treasure! Everyone needs one of these. I am in desperate need of a creative outlet these days.

Mandy said...

I too am in need of an outlet and can't wait to get this whole house deal out of the way. I want to paint and create!

Anonymous said...

nice job! Once you experience making the first card holder, you'll be able to make them really fast..it took me a few hours for the first one, but it takes me 8 minutes for each now. I like the mustard color you used ;)

cheers,
_tango!
www.designverb.com

Price Cream Parlor said...

THis is really interesting! I will have to check it out! I love learning all these great new creative tricks!

Michelle Alley said...

Excellent! I love it when people use things like this to create.

carlo said...

hmm, that is so cool!

carlo said...

oh and ditto on the "need a creative outlet" over here.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes...creativity fits perfectly for you!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I thought I commented last night, but maybe I got distracted by whoever Biby Cletus is.

A creative spark is definitely a treasure. I put my work table in the crawl space to create the illusion of a larger room (for house selling purposes), and I haven't done anything creative since. I think it's getting to me. Cute card holder. I'll have to check out design verb.

Crystalyn said...

a lot of meaning in that card holder. and what a good reminder for me to carve out some time to create and do something outside of all the "have to's" all around me. thank you!

stacy{s} said...

i love it! creating is something i treasure too. i will have to try this out. thanks for sharing it.

sista # 2 said...

I keep mine in a ziploc bag!haha
Whenever we pass by paint samples in the store, the kids want to pick out their favorite colors -I let them take a few, but limit it.When we recently moved, I found sooo many stashed in drawers -I had to laugh!Cute & clever SPT post! -ciao

Angie said...

Very creative. I will be checking this out. Thanks for the outlet.