Sunday 29 April 2007

Cute as a button

Chloe wanted to wear something different than usual to church today, so she picked a plain shirt and skirt, and then we added button hole decorations to her shirt. This is something I've done before with my girls for special occasions - hearts on Valentine's Day, Shamrocks on St. Patrick's Day, etc, but I like flowers the best. I can't remember if I first saw this in Family Fun or Martha Stewart Kids. The button in the middle works so well for the center of a flower. I tried to cut out the felt into a flower shape by using my Cricut, but it didn't work, so I cut out some amoebas by hand. Then I just clipped a small slit in the middle of each shape, and slipped a flower behind each button of her shirt.





13 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! So you did all that on Sunday morning? And took pictures too? I am lucky if my kids have their teeth brushed for church!

Barb said...

We have 1pm church this year, and on the 5th Sunday I don't have morning meetings. Just to be clear.

Crystalyn said...

barb this is absolutely adorable! what a cute idea (and very cute pic of your little girl!). i just love this.

Unknown said...

hello! adorable!!

Price Cream Parlor said...

Totally cute idea! Love that it was so last minute as well! Do you think that I could pull this off with my littles? HA!
Love this!

Amy said...

That is an insanely cute idea. Seriously.

Amy said...

BTW, how is War and Peace coming? I'm loving it, but simply not finding the time to devote to finally finish! Pg. 920. You?

Anonymous said...

Oh Barb! That picture of Chloe is the cutest thing. I just want to hug her and then give her a sucker. How cute. I also love the button idea...darling!

Michelle Alley said...

Those flowers are adorable! I was hoping to put some crochet flowers over buttons and now I know how good they'll look! Love it!

The retreat looked like you had a lot of fun. The mountains looked beautiful - love that photo!

Anonymous said...

I saw these photos on your shutterfly last night, and was wondering the story behind them. What a cute idea! I love the top pic of Chloe.

carlo said...

barb, you are a genius. i am picturing this idea for all kinds of fun.

footballs for my nephew
numbers on their birthdays?
the flowers will be perfect for my girlie girls!

awesome!

Ortensia Norton said...

I must have really been in a hurry on Sunday b/c I have this vague memory of seeing the shirt and yet I didn't goo all over it, which is exactly what I did when I saw the picture.

michelle said...

that is some serious cuteness! Great idea.