Tuesday 24 April 2007

That 70's Show

We're leaving soon for the corporate retreat. Jaclyn asked us to leave the camera behind so that Grandpa can take pictures of her at an awards ceremony on Thursday night. I'm going to try to figure out how to take pictures with my new Chocolate cell phone, but just in case the cell phone pictures didn't work out, I did a little SPT of my 70's outfit. Ken found it in a dress up box at a friend's house while he was looking for 70's clothes for himself. I am totally sucking in for this picture - polyester jumpsuits are very unforgiving. I'll be wearing control top hose under this outfit for sure!


Ken found some sweet 70's clothes for himself. The pants are brown polyester, and check out the platform boots! Ken remembers the wedding where all the groomsmen wore these boots with their baby blue tuxedos.


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope the chocolate cell phone works out, because the world needs pictures of Ken in that outfit. I'm lovin' the jumpsuit! My mom used to be the jumpsuit queen, and still laments the fact that they do not sell them any more.

Have fun on the retreat!

Jill said...

I gasped out loud when I saw this picture, the fashions are truly frightening, but it appears you can pull it off. I'm impressed. Maybe you should buy a disposable camera, it seems a shame to miss out on such hilarious photo opportunities.

Anonymous said...

Did Kevin take all the good stuff from your in-laws? That garage of theirs has to have something in it that would've worked for this weekend.

Amy said...

I'm dying. You look awesome in this! Too funny. Seriously.

Kelly said...

They say retro is in, but that is one look I hope stays in the dress up box forever. Although, you actually look awesome in spite of the stripes!

Price Cream Parlor said...

Love the clothes! SO FUN! Those shoes are a riot! HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Ortensia Norton said...

such great clothes. I expect to see you wear them to the Police Reunion concert.

sista # 2 said...

I am diggin that outfit!! Wouldn't that be funny to see the look on peoples faces -if you wore that get -up, out & about -like to the market!!haha have fun! -janae

jenny said...

That outfit is seriously awesome!! Or should I say "groovy baby" Actually, I am thinking that would be a great halloween outfit.

I am without a camera for a few weeks. I may have to use my camera for desperate measures. I haven't a clue how to upload photos though.

Bek said...

Yeah, but you look AWESOME!! Control top or not, you make polyester look wicked.... besides a few years ago the "capri's w/boots" look came back in ....

annalisa said...

Oh boy. Aren't you glad fabrics have come a long way since then?

Unknown said...

outtasight!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow you can pull of a poly jump suit. impressive. Hope you are having fun!

Mandy said...

I really need to see pictures of this event. You look pretty cute in your jumper. :)

Michelle Alley said...

Barb - that was hilarious! You are going to be the bell of the ball! Really fun! HOpe you have a great time. Just checking in , but won't be back online until next week! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! That outfit is perfect! Hope you have fun! And I am totally impressed with the sewing project. I would love to make one for my E.