Tuesday 27 March 2007




Oh yeah, spring fever. Makes me want to take the top down on my VW convertible bug and go cruising with the wind blowing through my hair . . . wait, that's not my car. That's Barbi's car. And look at her cute new front licence plate that Lelly sent!






On to my own spring fever. Actually, around here we don't get spring fever so much as hot flashes. Mother Nature (my sister in law sent her a letter yesterday) is menopausal, and we suffer for it. Here's what I'm talking about:



The first day of spring.




Before school Steven wouldn't let me back out of the driveway till he'd shovelled. He didn't want my tires packing the snow down, leaving tread marks that are difficult to shovel away. (Like father, like son)





Two days later, no kidding. March 23rd. Steven at bat and Carmen in outfield for a little street baseball (tennis ball style).




Monday March 26th: Fun at the park after school with the 3 younger kids while Jaclyn was at a school play rehearsal.


I can't forget the self portrait part of this post. O.K. so it's a self-cropped portrait. Carmen or Steven took the picture (not sure who, they both took a few pictures for me to choose from), but I edited it.


And by the end of today we're forecast for 6 inches of snow.

16 comments:

SHERI said...

I don't think I could handle your "spring"- 6 inches of snow? But wow, what a gorgeous picture that last one is.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Menopausal Mother Nature--that's a perfect description for your weather.

Unknown said...

i LOVE barbie's car!! too cute!

i am thankful we don't deal with snow here, especially after the spring equinox. how do you stand it?

jenny said...

That is crazy! Beautiful sun one day and snow the next? That Barbie car is great. I love your description analogy of using menopausal mother nature. Too funny.

Mandy said...

your weather has been like mine, other than the first day of spring was rather nice. Now we are also on our way to more snow. Ick.

Love the pics. Very cute!

Amy said...

Very menopausal. But change is better than all snow or all sunshine... right?! I love the picture of you swing-pushing - a necessary mom skill, for sure. Enjoy your teasing weather!

Bek said...

That is crazy!!! At least you got a few days of warm weather.... but ughh.

I remember that it snowed on the day I graduated from High School... the mother nature stuff likes to tease way into summer...

Anonymous said...

I remember it snowing the morning of our wedding (May 26) so, you definitely have a long transition into summer. Your Barbie car is cracking me up! I love the picture of you pushing the swings. You guys definitely take advantage of park days -- it's great.

Elizabeth said...

I love that you called mother nature menopausal. SO funny. I am glad you got out on the warm days.

Ortensia Norton said...

LOL!!! Menopausal M.N.! How funny! That is PERFECT! Ah convertibles are wonderful. Will always feel slighted that the mustang was sold the week we got engaged.
Those are all great photos. That last one is beautiful. It reminds me (could well be) the trees near the track at RDL.

Barb said...

RGLHM: You ran that track way too many times if you recognize the trees.

Michelle Alley said...

We had the same type of experience! Isn't the weather crazy sometime! Love the bug and the SPT you put over it was cute.

sista # 2 said...

It's so crazy how we all really DO talk about the weather - My sister anna phoned on monday to tell me she was romping through the park with son in MN, enjoying the 70* weather!! But that by the end of the week they expected snow again!
Yikes!!
Great pix! Laughing about the hot pink car!! love it -ciao

annalisa said...

Isn't that the definition of spring? The transition from winter to summer. We are bound to have backlashes, but wouldn't it be nice to just ahve a steady increase in themperatures until they drop again?

Amanda :-) said...

Steven shovelling the snow is HILARIOUS, Barb! He's doing it soooo neatly!

As soon as I saw that pink car, I mouthed at the screen 'No.Way' LOL

Jill said...

I love your pink convertible image of Spring, and I also like the different photos showing the weather differences. It always amazes me that it can be warm and dry one day and covered in snow the next.