Saturday 24 March 2007

Just when I didn't have anything to blog about:


So I was out running around today, and one of my errands was to gas up my van and get a car wash. Just as I swiped my card for express pay Dan, Claudia, and Jenn (got that off their name tags), walked up to me and offered to pay for my gas. They explained they were out representing a new radio station in Calgary, that I hadn't heard of, and were willing to spend up to $90. I cancelled my transaction, and let them do their thing. I didn't need that much gas, so they helped me spend money other ways: I got more window washer fluid, a deluxe car wash, and I still had money to spend. We went inside the gas station and I bought milk and some Cadbury mini eggs for the kids. I wish I'd had my camera with me, just for my blog!

Needless to say, when I got back into my car I tuned my radio to 101.5 FM.

7 comments:

Anne said...

That's awesome! Things like that never happen to me! Too bad our Luck O' the Irish SPT wasn't next tuesday, this TOTALLY would have qualified as lucky. So, I'm dying to know...how was the music? Good enough to warrant it's own preset?

Barb said...

Anne: The SPT last week totally came to my mind, oh well. As far as the music goes, if you click on the highlighted words 'new radio station' in the post you can get live feed from the station. The jury's still out on the preset - so far mostly good music, but it may turn out too teenage for me.

Mandy said...

What a great thing! I so would have been suspicious, but then probably would have done the same thing you do. What a crazy thing to happen.

Anonymous said...

You guys seem to have amazing luck with things like that! You were on a streak a few years ago. Who knows, maybe Ken will win a motorbike. Ha!

Elizabeth said...

I guess there marketing worked. On your blog and everything. What a nice thing to brighten up Saturday errands.

Jill said...

What a cool thing to have happen! Definitely a good reason to start carrying your camera with you all the time.

Unknown said...

that's a great story!