Wednesday 7 March 2007

After school fun:

Steven hitting ice pucks into the pond.

Chloe pretended she was camping, and gathered water for her camp site.


Carmen balancing on a large piece of ice that was floating in the pond.


Carmen wading as deep as allowed - to the top of the rubber boots. The pond is actually much deeper.


The water is about 1/3 of the way up the driveway now. It looks higher in the picture because of the splash from when I drove into the garage.


Some say Noah built in a flood plain . . . we actually built on high ground, if you can believe it!

Update: Thursday, March 8. The pond was gone when I got home from work today with just some chunks of ice left behind. My kids are actually happy with the change of landscape - now they can go out on their bikes!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I am amazed you can get into your driveway. That is crazy how deep and spreading it is. I hope the city comes soon before you need that ark. I notice no pictures of Flex romping in the pond. :)

Amy said...

a pond in the driveway...simply doesn't happen in my region of Arizona. I love how kids can take advantage of the impromptu playground.

Mandy said...

I am in awe of your pond. As a kid I would have found it great, but as an adult, I am sure it might make me crazy. Hope help arrives soon!

Price Cream Parlor said...

WOW! Can't believe that the city hasn't come in and helped you with your newly formed pond! It looks like the kids were having great fun though!

Amy said...

Just read the update. Ya, I imagine the *wow* factor is over after a few hours. Not so fun. That's how I feel about snow. I'd love to wake up to the serene of it, jump & play a bit with the boys, but then would want it gone for good.

annalisa said...

What a pain! Maybe once would be exciting for the kids, but all the time. What can you do but laugh and blog about it eh?

Ortensia Norton said...

AH!!! I bought rubber boots for Milly so she could play in the water tomorrow! At least she'll go home dry.

I suspect Carmen loved it the most and LOVED getting dirty.

Crystalyn said...

that is crazy! i know it would be fun as a kid, but as an adult...a pond in my driveway?!?!