Saturday 10 March 2007

Carmen was baptized today. She was so well prepared and so excited for her special day. It was truly a beautiful meeting - I'm still carrying the spirit of it with me. Carmen's sweet spirit and testimony were shining through the baptism and I felt a witness of the gospel in a way that will be a touchstone for me in the future.

I had my sister snap a quick family photo before we left for the baptism. I think we have 2 other family pictures similar to this on the front steps of our home: it's becoming a family classic.


We baptized Carmen on a stake baptism date, and could have been with other families in the stake, but we were the only family that booked March 10th. We had a nice, personal, family baptism.


Carmen: clean and perfect.

11 comments:

Barb said...

I just want to thank Jane and Kristi for sharing ideas that influenced my blog today. Jane, thank you for sharing the illustrations from the Bible. Kristi, thank you for the inspiration on the silhouettes and the post baptism picture.

Kelly said...

I love love love the post-baptism picture. She looks so happy. I was thinking of you all yesterday, and hoping it was wonderful. I'm glad it was. I wish we had been there.

Ortensia Norton said...

She was really surreal yesterday. It was very touching. Camille was really touched by it too, b/c the first things she said when she woke up in the car and then this morning had to do with the baptism. At one point she said it was WONDERFUL. What a wonderful example for her to remember.

She is now counting the days until she gets to see cousins at the cabin. WE CAN'T WAIT!!

Ortensia Norton said...

PS Great family photo

Amy said...

I love seeing the picture of your whole family. Beautiful family. And the post-baptism picture truly looks clean and perfect.

I'm trying to see a Keith family resemblance ...very vague to me.. I do love seeing pictures & linking people.

Kelly said...

Amy, you should see Brent. Then you'd really be confused.

Mandy said...

Your family picture is beautiful! Carmen looks very sweet and happy! What a special day for you guys!

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful picture of her after the baptism. I remember Kristi's post and saved all her ideas to use when my daughter gets baptized. How great that you got to have a family baptism.

Crystalyn said...

she's beautiful barb! what a lovely day. her post baptism photo is really a special one. i'm glad it was a personal day for your family.

rebecca said...

Sounds like the perfect day. I loved the family photo and her after photo - almost unreal, her aura. Beautiful!

everything pink! said...

seriously taking that photo is the best photo taken on any day of the baptism for sure.
glad it was a great day