Sunday 4 February 2007

There's no place like home

My sister's new baby was blessed in church today. She lives in my home town, so I drove down yesterday and stayed at my parent's house over night. I love staying at my parent's house, I should really do it more often. I sleep like a rock. I feel so totally cared for and taken care of. My confidence soars after a visit to my mom and dad, and I'm pretty sure I know why. They know my weaknesses, but they still treat me like I'm the best. Twenty-four hours of positive vibes radiating my way recharges me like nothing else!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Going home is wonderful. I live a couple of hours from my parents so I am always treated like I am very special when I go home.

There really is no place like home.

annalisa said...

My siblings recharge my batteries like nobody else could. You have to make no excuses, explain inside jokes, or worry they won't love you tomorrow. It is so nice.

Anonymous said...

We were called and invited to the blessing on Tuesday or something. We felt bad having to decline, but with the germ brigade, it's a good thing we stayed home.

I always feel like I revert to being a kid again when I go home. Like I have no responsibilities at all or something. It's very refreshing. I'm glad you had a good weekend. And, I assume your mom is not reading your blog. :)

Ortensia Norton said...

I love being at your parent's home too. It has a great calming affect on me. It's wonderful. I'd go more often if we could. (note to Kelly that if she'd shown up this weekend we would have looked pretty bad missing it:-) I also feel very much at home in your home. Don't think it's a calm place all the time for you, but it is when we're there!

My favourite time at my own parent's house usually happens at late times in the evening after lots of food. Only having one grandchild around allows for lots of time together with all the adults. I love the serious talks about stupid things, or the laughter over stupid things.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree with RLGHM, your house is one of my favorite places to be.