Thursday 22 February 2007

Ken's photography is improving faster than my driving

Ken and I had a conversation not very long ago about why I don't share the camera very well. I tried to say it nicely, but my message just wasn't getting across. Finally I said, "Why do you always want to be the one who drives?" He laughed hard. He got it. I want good pictures, he wants good driving. Here's the pictures from the ski trip. They're home a day early - they were skiied out, and they missed mommy.


The three amigos: Jaclyn, Steven, Carmen

Carmen posing alone


Steven (with Ken using the law of thirds he learned about at a ward activities committee sponsored workshop I dragged him to awhile ago)

Jaclyn


A cabin right off the hill - not ours

It's good to have everyone home. Chloe had just started to miss the other kids and be bored with me; it was a cute reunion. It's also good to have my camera home - I wanted to take pictures of my time with Chloe. Plus, no camera was cramping my blogging a little.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I have a thing with edges (like my thing with scary Viking ships), and that picture of Steven about did me in. But, once I got past the "nephew I love on the edge of the world freak out fest", I had to be impressed with Ken's photography skills. It's a stunning photo!

Glad they made it home -- and early. It's nice to be missed.

Mandy said...

Ken's photos are great! It looks really beautiful there.

I'm glad they came home early to you. It's always nice to know you are being missed! I'm glad you have your camera back,too.

annalisa said...

Guys and they're driving. nice rule of the thirds. at least he was listening right? I think I'd be happier to have the camera back than my family. Is that bad?

Ortensia Norton said...

Wow, I didn't realize how beautiful the mountain was in the winter! Those are great photos. I miss your kids. I can't wait to see them next month.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! Maybe you'll be driving more :)