Tuesday 20 February 2007

Self Portrait Tuesday

A self portrait is just not possible today: the camera has gone skiing. In fact, a picture of me at all is difficult to find.

Recently my husband took our most current photo book with him to a family funeral in Idaho. When he got back, he handed me the book and said, "Do you realize there is only one picture of you in this whole book???" I told him that wasn't true, but then when I looked, it actually was true. He hadn't noticed it on his own - one of his Idaho cousins was looking through the book and pointed it out. There are 11 pictures of Ken, and all the rest are pictures of the kids. What it comes down to is I take all the pictures. The only reason there was one picture of me in the album is because when we were hiking in the summer a friendly hiking stranger offered to get a group shot of our family for us. You're looking at the hiking picture cropped down to just me.

It looks like working on self portraits might be a good idea.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I like your picture, even if to get it you had to crop another picture.

I am also the one who takes all of the pictures. I hate pictures of myself, but would like to appear somewhere in Ryley's life. I guess I just need to accept it. Ick.

Anonymous said...

I like the picture you chose, even if it was taken by a kind hiking stranger. Very few pictures exist of me, either. It's hard to let go of the camera because I'm usually unhappy with Keith's lack of zoom.

So, yeah. I think getting into this self-portrait thing is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that your War and Peace book is 9% off. For some reason I'm finding that hilarious. 9%. Of all the percentages, I don't think I've ever seen a 9% off sale. :)

annalisa said...

I hope self-portrait day comes around again when we are more prepared for the pictures.

Unknown said...

lovely photo! i hope all we 'mom-photographers' will get on the ball and start taking pictures of ourselves!

Amy said...

9% off...that totally cracks me up, too. I seriously Love that you put a picture up. I have so been enjoying your blogging & commenting, so I'm very pleased to see what you look like! I never look that good after a hike. Oh, wait, I never hike.

Crystalyn said...

fun to put a face with a name (and a blog for that matter). very cute!