Tuesday 9 July 2013

Stampede 101

This year is the 101st year of the Calgary Stampede. I have a commemorative t-shirt that says *Come Hell or High Water* in reference to the recent flooding (Chloe was a little horrified I had a shirt with a swear on it - my only defence was that it was a gift from my office).


So Carmen, Chloe and I hit the Stampede today. We started out right with a Stampede Pancake Breakfast at the YMCA. It turned out this was the first time these girls ever stood in line for a pancake! It wasn't so bad, maybe a 15-20 minute wait.


The easiest way to do Stampede is with only 2 kids! 


Carmen really pushed Chloe's boundaries when it came to rides, and Chloe had a blast!


We polished off the afternoon with food-on-a-stick (chips and pizza) to make it pretty much a perfect day.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Come Hell or High-Water is a clever saying for your Stampede shirt.

For as long as I've known the Calgary Stampede was THE thing to see in your life.