Sunday 18 May 2008

52 Blessings: Warm Summer Nights

It's funny (and unusual) that I don't find myself wishing I lived in a warmer climate during the dead of winter. I tolerate it. Rather, it's during the summer that I daydream of moving to Northern California to enjoy warm weather year round.
I went out grocery shopping last night and the air felt so great. Jaclyn told me recently that evening is her favorite time of day in the summer - warm, but without the sun beating down on her. I have to agree: I love warm summer evenings.

13 comments:

jenny said...

What a beautiful photo. My favorite are the evenings in California during the summer. They are so nice!

Marie said...

It is a wonderful time of day. That is what I was thinking of as I planted my strawberries last night. As long as you have mosquito repellant.

melanie said...

My absolute favorite time of day all year round. A bit of warmth is perfect. Love the photo.

Laurie said...

I completely agree. We just came in from reading books on the trampoline and looking at the moon. Soooo pleasant.

Ortensia Norton said...

It's our absolute favourite time of year and day as well.

Denise said...

Yes! I love, love, love summer evenings. My current sunburn can back me up that I'm not so good with the summer days, though.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I agree. Summer evenings are purely magical.

Anonymous said...

I love a good sunset in the summer. We spent Saturday late afternoon & into the late evening working on our yard. It felt wonderful to know that summer is finally here.

Michelle Alley said...

I totally agree about summer evenings. IT's so nice to feel warm all day and sit back in the evening and feel that same warmth in a more calming atmosphere.

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh yeah, summer nights have such charm....i love the photo

michelle said...

I agree, summer nights are the best! I don't like to be too hot, and I always am during the summer days, but at night... ahhhh.

Tiffany said...

What a lovely time--I totally agree!

Amy said...

I love this photo, Barb. And I love being outside on evenings like that. So still.