Monday 7 April 2008

52 Blessings



Fresh produce in the winter. It is so great to live in an age where I can eat baby squash and zucchini and lettuce and fresh herbs all year round even though nothing has grown in my corner of the world in more than 6 months.
Marie: You know what Dad likes to say about this blessing! "Remember to say thank you for Mexicans" (when you're asked to say the blessing on the food at dinner). I still can't decide how much of Dad is truly politically incorrect and how much is pure teasing.

2 comments:

nic said...

Amen to that!

Your dad sounds funny. My dad was like that. He would sing some songs and say things that were quite questionable. He was born in 1920.... that says a lot about why. ;)

Amy said...

That is truly a blessing! And the Mexican comment truly cracked me up.