Wednesday 26 March 2008

third

'

Carlo sent me a sweet note. I appreciate your words, Carlo. The note was like one giant happy comment.

'

'
My cousin-in-law on Ken's side (honestly that was the simplest way I could think to describe the relationship, other than friend, which actually would be better). One of my friends - Tannis - sent me a second thank you card for something. This time she sent her note in a homemade envelope that came together so uniquely in the back.
'

'
This was the most I could unfold the envelope and have it fit in my scanner. The center rectangle was 5x7. The rounded flaps fold exactly to center, spiraling together, and she secured it with a sticker. I would have been afraid to trust Canada Post not to tear the envelope apart, but it arrived intact, so now I will have some confidence to make some of these envelopes myself!

'

Kristi posted about the Easter cards she sent this year. An empty envelope symbolizing the empty tomb, with a reference inside to Mark 16: 1-6.
'

Ken sometimes describes blogging as a giant affirmation exercise - he's teasing, but there is some truth to it. Only it's more sincere and genuine and relationship-based than he makes it sound. Thanks for brightening my mailbox these past weeks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're good enough.
You're smart enough.
And gosh darn it, people like you!

(Don't know if you remember that "Daily Affirmation" from Saturday Night Live back in the day.) Say it in your most supportive "therapist" voice.

That really is a bunch of wonderful mail! I hope you DO do a post on spring shopping. And, no, you can't buy clothes (other than cheap nylons) at my grocery store. Maybe some burnt sienna nylons would be enough of a seasonal change for me. Ha!

Barb said...

Kelly, that was so funny! I wish I'd thought to conclude the post with Stuart Smalley affirmations.

Jill said...

I'm all about giant affirmation exercises, especially when they involve good mail!

Marie said...

Wow, that is a lot of happy mail. Enjoy!

Tiffany said...

What a lot of fun mail--I love the amazing envelope!

Mandy said...

It was fun seeing all of the good mail you have received.

I saw those cute hair pins on Design Mom too and really thought about getting some.

April said...

All charming, darling ideas. Kel had me giggling.

I could not have bought one hair pin...so cute btw...I would have had to buy two because I would surely lose one!

I love the idea of wrapping with words...I think I'm going to find some old books myself! What a great idea.

Katie A. said...

Those are very good Good Mail items. The hair pins are so cute!

We can get Hawaiian shirts in our grocery store. ...Not sure why. Mike covets them whenever we walk by. (eye roll)

michelle said...

Oh, your last paragraph is perfect, just perfect! I loooove your poppy bobbypin.

carlo said...

hmmm, that is what i get for being out of the goodmail loop for 2 weeks. (still not sure how time went by that quickly)

so glad you liked your card. the box just makes me happy to look at them!

and the SNL S.Smalley made me lol.