Wednesday 31 October 2007

Good-bye October! Yesterday I got two last pieces of October good mail: cards from Annalisa and Jenny S. What a fun combo of birthday and Halloween cards this month!
&
I spent Halloween afternoon at the school; the kids had their traditional school Halloween Parade.
&
Chloe was hilarious during the parade doing karate chops for everyone, but she zipped along too quickly for me to catch her moves with my camera. I especially wish I'd caught the face she was making - very scary!
&
"
Carmen was a Dementor from Harry Potter. Of all our kids she was the one who stayed out trick or treating the longest with her friends, and she has twice the candy of anyone in our house to show for it.

"

Steven just threw on his biking gear. Gymnasium lighting is great, isn't it?

"

Jaclyn was of course a butterfly. Sweet and simple.

"
As I was out trick or treating with Chloe I heard some older children sing-song:

Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! Not too big, not too small, just the size of Montreal!

{It brought back memories}

6

14 comments:

carlo said...

adorable pics!

and the song, made me smile. your version is much nicer than the one i remember hearing as a kid.

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween just for the fun of seeing how creative all the kids are with their costumes. Your kids have great ones! And all so different.

We used to sing a song like that one. A little different. It ended with "if you don't, I don't care," then something about underwear...

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see that the card made it before Nov 1st. Love your childrens costumes. The butterfly wings are so cute. I have not seen any quite that nice here.

Amy said...

Your "trick or treat" song is definitely better than the one we were forced to hear in the states! I love seeing all the costumed kids. I think the butterfly is still my favorite!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah our poem ended in the underwear also. Yours is much sweeter.

Anonymous said...

Cute costumes!! I love the butterfly wings! Cute face on Chloe also! Fun.

Marie said...

I felt that icy feeling creep over me just LOOKING at Carmen's dementor costume. I need to go eat some chocolate.

Mandy said...

I agree with Amy. Our trick or treat song was definitely different. Cute costumes.

Anonymous said...

Carmen scared my guts! I wouldn't have recognized her. I don't know what that is, but it's definitely spooky. I love Chloe's expression, too!

And yes, leave it to you cultured Canadians to have such a nice trick or treat chant. Ours ended in stick it in your underwear, and was completely forbidden by my mom.

Unknown said...

i never got past the smell my feet part of that song. i was too busy *telling* on the kids who were singing it!

Jill said...

The kids all look great in their costumes. How fun.

Lucy said...

Oh, my kids sang one of those Trick or Treat songs once after leaving a house they had just trick-or-treated and I was mortified. I know most kids do it, but I already feel slightly embarrassed that they are out there begging door to door for free candy (even though they are supposed to) and the song made it seem that they were just punks.

Your kids costumes are great!

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh how cute, i've always wanted to take karate classes...maybE i SHOULD dress up like one, one day...how fun

michelle said...

Ooh, a Dementor! So creepy!