Monday 8 October 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Last week my visiting teaching companion and I put together these little treat bags for our R.S. sisters we visit. My companion, Angela, and I each have a Cricut, but different cartridges, so it is fun to get together and share. Angela has the cartridge for making the bags, and I have the cartridge for animals, which obviously had the turkey.
Angela's daughter wasn't feeling well that day, and since she stayed home from school she came along with her mom for our creative Monday. I could not get over that girl's enunciation! Especially her 'T's. Her dad is British. He really encourages his children to speak correctly, and boy is it paying off!
'

Ken and Steven got in a little Thanksgiving football today. I actually checked into tickets for today's Calgary Stampeders' game, but I found out that for long weekend Monday games and Saskatchewan Rough Rider's games (today's game was both) THEY RAISE THE PRICES!
I know this makes good capitalist sense, but it discouraged me from buying tickets.
'

So instead Steven learned how to put on his dad's football quarterback *game face*.

'
I have some good mail to be thankful for today:

Halloween socks from Marie.
Marie: Did you know that way-back-when, Marlys and I used to exchange goofy or seasonal socks with each other?
'

I got a pink envelope in the mail this week. I instantly recognized that it had to be good mail, but I didn't clue in right away that it was my Pink Christmas envelope! Duh! (I am mildly freaking out about taking on this project.)

'

Ken noticed both the enormity of my Pink Christmas package as well as the enormity of this package from Michelle: 2 crochet belts, 3 crochet pumpkins, soap, lip balm, bubblegum, a card, and silk autumn maple leaves.

'

Carmen and Chloe both love their crochet belts, but only Carmen would pose for a picture.

'

And Kelly, I actually got this card a long, long time ago. It wasn't a victim of international snail mail, just personal snail documentation.
{}

He who thanks but with the lips

Thanks but in part;

The full, the true Thanksgiving

Comes from the heart.

~J.A. Shedd

From my lips & heart: thank you for the good mail, and Happy Thanksgiving!

14 comments:

Marie said...

I am glad you got your Halloween socks. I bought them in early September, but I wouldn't let myself send them until October 1st.

I had forgotten about your sock exchange with Marlys. It did ring a hazy bell when you mentioned it though.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Marie said...

PS: I love the book you have on your sidebar. Jane Eyre is so great. Such a sad life for most of it, but still such a wonderful book. Have you read Wuthering Heights by the other Bronte sister?

Michelle Alley said...

Yeah - Canadian post is so hilarious! I sent it from the US so I could send a box. I knew I would pay double or more if I sent it from Canada. But it took extra long to get to you! The belts I meant to send months ago! It looks so cute on Chloe yeah! Happy Thanksgiving - we are just getting back from our trip to our cabin and am loving this mid october holiday! Hope you are well and love those cute visiting gifts - very clever!

Anonymous said...

I have such an overdue good mail post to do, I'm afraid it's going to be obnoxious. Maybe I'll do it tonight, though. Yours was very cute and inspiring.

Happy Thanksgiving! Your VT gifts were really cute -- way to maximize the cricut cartridges!

jenny said...

So jealous of your cricuit. I am sure that comes in handy. Those bags are darling.

Happy Thanksgiving! However that sounds so strange saying since we haven't had Halloween.

michelle said...

Hooray for Creative Monday! Jill and I are missing out on Creative Friday for two weeks in a row and it feels so wrong.

I know this is obnoxious, but since you live in Calgary, I have to mention that my uncle Mark Wood is from there. Do you know the family?

Barb said...

Sorry, I don't think I know a Mark Wood. I don't mind the question, though.

melanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your VT bags are so cute. I really should get creative this year.

Creative Monday had a good ring to it. I must find a Creative any day partner.

Love the good mail. The belts are adorable!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What fun to have a cricut AND a cricut partner! Those bags are darling.

I'm glad you snapped the picture of Ken and Steven playing catch. What a good memory to have permanent.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. What is the traditional food for your family?

Anonymous said...

The pictures of those *game faces* made me laugh! They look exactly the same!

carlo said...

Great good mail you have! YAY!
How long does US to Cananda take, by the way? Just wondering...

LOVE the bags. I am interested in the cricut but heck, where would i put the crazy thing adn supplies. Scott isn't sharing my craft table doubling as the dining room. Dang!

Lucy said...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. It's a good holiday, no matter the month, and no matter the country:)

Sandi said...

Love the VT idea and the Cricut. Must get one.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

I love all your good mail!! I got my PInk Envelope and was so excited!! Can't wait to do this project!!