Tuesday 10 July 2007


In the book by A.A. Milne titled Now We Are Six there is a poem that relates to our SPT challenge this week:

Solitude

I have a house where I go
When there’s too many people,
I have a house where I go
Where no one can be;
I have a house where I go
Where nobody ever says “No”;
Where no one says anything – so
There is no one but me.

A.A. Milne

*


Honestly, sleep has been my only chance for solitude and peace lately. In the summer when all the kids are home, that's just the way it goes. So here I am, dreaming of how I'll spend my time in September when all my children will be in school full time. My baby is six now, you know.

*

Happy Birthday Chloe!

*

12 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, i totally relate!!

i love the cowgirl birthday photo. very sweet.

Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE!

Have fun at your cowgirl party!

Ortensia Norton said...

I may have slept a little more than I should have yesterday and may have picked up Camille just a little late from her zoo camp. Just maybe. I have decided to copy you: I have started to tell Mark that if he doesn't want to know what I am doing this summer (blogging, sleeping, watching tv etc.) then don't ask.
I love the Chloe picture. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I relate to this perfectly, too, Barb.

Happy birthday to Chloe!

Amy said...

Oh the dreams one could have of no children at home....Hm... Happy Birthday to your baby!

Price Cream Parlor said...

Ah, I need a nap right now! Fun SPT -
Happy birthday to your babe!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! I hope Six treats you well. We know it will treat your mom well (in September!).

Lucy said...

Hope you find some solitude sooner than September. You look quite dreamy in your sleepy state, though:)

Elizabeth said...

That is a wonderful way to spend stolen moments.
Everybody says they are just as busy while all their kids are in school. I hope you will be able to tell me that just isn't so.

Michelle Alley said...

Barb - What a great picture of Chole - the blue is such a beautiful color. I always love your the poems you find and share with us. Very sweet. btw - you look great sleeping!

Sandi said...

Sleeping has a refuge all its own. I love to sleep when my brain will turn off. It is miserable if my brain keeps running full speed ahead.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you can participate in the R.A.K. (Random Act of Kindness)