Saturday 7 July 2007

Good Mail
______________________
A note from Kelly - the envelope had a coordinating seal that was raised like a bubble sticker. I seriously was not in to stationery before good mail, but now I love it!


And this very large box arrived from Sunkist. Did you order a lemonade stand for the take a stand campaign?


After we have our lemonade sale for charity Sunkist has asked us to write down our story and submit it to the Sunkist Take A Stand website. We've chosen to donate the proceeds from our first lemonade sale day to the Calgary Humane Society - we paid a visit there in back in May.



I have had some lucky wins on eBay: this is one of them. I found a copy of the book Jaclyn's school play was named for (it's out of print) and I was the only bidder!

I'm totally in to scrap booking inside our books now (Kristi-inspired). With the program, ticket, and photo of Jaclyn inside the front cover this book is now a special keepsake. The publisher's choice of color and print for the inside of the front cover is a little strange, not the paper I would have chosen for a scrapbook, but hey, I can live with it. Or maybe I should have consulted with the school before they printed the programs and tickets in blue and told them I needed them done in green or orange. Ha!
And Lelly sent a summery card my way. Thanks! I love the sandbox theme.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Apparently you're home from vacation now eh? It has been a little sad with you and Kelly and Marie out of the loop for so long.

It's interesting that you were never in to stationery before good mail, I've had a love affair with it my whole life. How fun for you to discover it now though. I got an envelope from you yesterday and loved the stamp on the back with the monkeys and the good mail delivery from Barb on the back. Did you have that made or what?

Barb said...

Yes, I'm home, although I actually wrote up this post before I left, and then I forgot to post it before I went away.
I did have the stamp made - just down at Staples.

Michelle Alley said...

We're back from vacation too! Hope you had fun and can't wait to see all the fun stuff you did. The Lemonade stand thing is really neat, I'm interested to see your post about it. So great you got good mail while you were gone. Smiles all around :-)

Marie said...

The lemonade stand looks like a great idea. So great for the kids to do something like that.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Welcome back! You have been missed! Keep us posted on the lemonade stand. That sounds fun. I love, love, love that you found the book and scrapbooked the inside. What a keepsake!

Lisa said...

That is some great stuff. I love getting mail like that. Welcome back from vacation.

Elizabeth said...

That book is a great find. I just found an old copy of Alice in Wonderland. And after L's birthday party in August I am going to Scapbook inside.

jenny said...

That lemonade stand was very cool. Glad you are back. We have missed your fun exciting posts!! :)