Friday 8 June 2007

Justification

We had a flash rainstorm on Tuesday afternoon, which was over by the time school let out. Usually when I pick up the kids after school, I just wait in the car for them to straggle out, but I wanted a little hustle from them that day, so I went walking toward the school to find them. As I reached the sidewalk at the corner of the 3rd & 4th grade wing I saw a small group of kids gathered, and as I looked closer I saw a child just taking her head out from under the downspout which was still pouring water from the rainstorm. I looked at her and said, "Chloe???"
She looked up and saw me and said, "I wanted to be cold!"
(Translation: Darn, I'm cold, but I'm not going to admit I made an error in judgement.)
She was more than happy to do it again for a picture.

13 comments:

Marie said...

Chloe is hilarious! There can be nothing more to add.

Michelle Alley said...

So funny! What a moment you were able to catch!

Anonymous said...

Oh Barb, THAT is funny. I'm so glad you had the presence of mind to capture it.

Ortensia Norton said...

LOL!!!!!!

WOW!!! I don't think I've seen all the sides of Chloe yet. She keeps suprising me!!!! I love that the kids were huddled around.

Anonymous said...

I love that you just appeared while she was doing this. How might she have explained her wet head otherwise? So funny!

SHERI said...

Kids are so funny sometimes!

Elizabeth said...

That is great to chance upon one of those little things we usually miss while they are away from us.

Mandy said...

I can only imagine her reaction at being "caught". How funny!

Lucy said...

It looks so refreshing! Totally something I would have done:)

Amy said...

Love that you caught the unspoken translation! Oh the covers for the pride...I do the same!

Price Cream Parlor said...

too funny! Great that you capture it with a photo!

michelle said...

For a second there, I thought there was someone else that actually likes to be cold! (so rare for me) you've gotta love it when a child finds a way to save face.

annalisa said...

Sounds exactly like the response I'd get from my little girl. I hear I meant to do that way too often.