Tuesday 19 June 2007

SPT: Chloe's photography


I hope this isn't how Chloe sees me - I did take her to the optometrist before she started kindergarten and he didn't prescribe any corrective lenses. Is it time for another visit to the eye doctor?

Figuratively, maybe Chloe does see me this way. If this picture were in focus I'd see all the little flaws I'm not so crazy about. At five years old Chloe doesn't see my flaws, and it is great to have someone in my life who thinks I do everything right, I know everything, I can do anything, and who thinks I've got it all figured out.

I don't think as adults we need to see our parents as perfect or flawless like we did when we were five, but can I say I do think we need to cut them a little slack. I know this take on SPT isn't what I was asked to reflect on, but this subject has been on my mind lately, and I think it's important. And I think a good question to ask ourselves is are we so sure that we see our parents or our history with them accurately and clearly? Maybe we need to correct our vision.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

this is exactly where my thoughts ended up after this challenge. thanks for sharing your.

Mandy said...

great picture and I love your perspective. So true.

Marie said...

Barb, I really don't think your kids need to blur their vision very much. You are a great mom. Maybe you need the glasses.

Jill said...

I think this is a great photo and post. You look fabulous even though the photo is blurry, and how great to have a photo from your 5 year old!

sista # 2 said...

Great spt -a good reminder;)

Elizabeth said...

This is great. I totally agree about cutting our parents some slack. It has helped our relationship so much to dwell on the positives. Some of my siblings seem to concentrate more on the negatives and it has taken it's toll on their relationship with my parents.

jenny said...

Despite the blur, it still is a great photo of you. You have beautiful eyes and skin!!

Love your perspective.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you despite the blur! And, hmm, perhaps I know someone who could use a dose of the message on your spt today. Great thoughts.

Ortensia Norton said...

he he. that is for Kelly. Very good thoughts in deed. I pray Camille will always like me. It'll break my heart if she doesn't. I have a few Chloe pictures on our computer and it's just how she takes them:-)

Michelle Alley said...

Very beautiful photo, I see the blur as your daughter adding an artists touch.

annalisa said...

Hey that's how I'd see you! :) Great thoughts on how we need to be less nit picky of ourselves, and our parents. It's just so hard!