Thursday 19 April 2007

Mosaic Pictures


I was going through old posts on How About Orange (on my side bar) and I found this image mosaic generator. You've seen these mosaic images composed of many smaller images, well now you can have one of any picture on your hard drive. This is the first one I tried:



Click here to enlarge the image for more detail.


I like how this one turned out.


I've done a few more. I did one of Steven's hockey team when they won their tournament that I'm going to print and frame for his coach as a thank-you gift. What would be even cooler is if you could choose general themes for all of the smaller pictures that make up the mosaic, like 'sports' or 'nature'. I'm going to suggest on the Image Mosaic Generator feedback page.

9 comments:

carlo said...

oh now how cool is that???? i love it! my mind is spinning around tons of gifts this would be perfect for! thank you so much for sharing...i need to check it out but yours was awesome!!

Michelle Alley said...

You are so awesome! Thank you so much for the tickets! Craig has a trip in early May - we won't be traveling for, and I think we'll do it than. Of, course, we should make him come. Really appreciate you thinking of me!

Love the post! That is a really neat way to create a fun picture.

We had such a beautiful sunny day today - finally! It was so great, I opened up all the windows and played the piano - I love doing that! Have a great evening/mornin!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! Good idea with the theme photos in the background, I hope they take you up on it.

Mandy said...

I really like those! You find the coolest things.

Elizabeth said...

I just tried it out. Very cool. That would be cool to frame a themed set.

Ortensia Norton said...

Those are so awesome!! I will have to check it out.

Bek said...

That is so cool... I am going to try it.....

:-)

melanie said...

Very cool! I can't wait to try it out! Love the idea for his coach. I like unique (not freaky) gifts.

Amy said...

Very cool...and a fully expected treasure from Barb! The picture of you looks fantastic.