Wednesday 11 April 2007

Good Mail

Just this morning I packed up a good mail package, and I was thinking to myself, "It's so true that it is better to give than to receive." I was having so much fun thinking about this outgoing good mail arriving at its destination.

And then this afternoon, I found some good mail in my mailbox!



Kristi sent this fat free chocolate bunny and Easter card.




Kelly sent this cheerful Easter card, I love polk-a-dots. And on the inside she addressed it to the entire family, which they appreciated - why should mom get all the good mail to herself?



And Michelle sent this cute spring package with gardening gloves, and a crocheted daisy on those super strong magnets that will hold anything. I love the quote by Margaret Atwater, but my favorite part of her message is where she called herself a TEMPORARY fellow Canadien. So funny! And truly, from a cultural standpoint, with me in Alberta and Michelle in Quebec, we can hardly say we live in the same country.



One other good mail package I wanted to blog about came by personal delivery from a local friend. This friend of mine until just a couple of years ago didn't cook at all, and now she's continually setting cooking goals for herself. Her latest goal is to be able to make the best homemade pizza crust anywhere. She's been trying many pizza dough recipes, sometimes making pizza for her family 3 times a week, but hasn't quite arrived at the perfect crunchy/chewy crust. I gave her my advice (cook the pizza on a stone) and my recipe (which calls for semolina flour). She was intrigued by the special ingredient, and asked me about it. I had to confess that although I love my recipe, I've never gotten around to shopping at the Italian grocery to by the semolina flour, I've just been using regular white flour. She surprised me last week bright and early one morning with some semolina flour. I think she chose her early delivery just so that she could catch me still in my pajamas, and she did.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thats funny. I always want to go buy semolina and never do. You will have to let us know if it makes a difference.

Michelle Alley said...

I love homemade pizza - especially - the white garlic type pizza. Very good! You must be proud of your friend for making all of those cooking goals.

Glad you had a great good mail day!

Anonymous said...

gotta love a good mail day!

Amy said...

Was that the perfect addition for perfect pizza crust? If so, please forward the recipe. I've made a few with no such luck.

Barb said...

I haven't tried the semolina flour yet, but I'll let you know.

Jill said...

I love all the good mail, I was blessed with several of the same items as well. It's always a treat.

Ortensia Norton said...

I saw it a superstore last week. (the flour)
I am assuming that her children are saying "Pizza AGAIN??"

Ortensia Norton said...

Actually I think the key to great pizza dough is partially frying the dough. That or cooking in a outdoor over (brick). The best pizza we ever had came from both places.