Tuesday 20 March 2007






I'm just not superstitious, so no rabbit's foot here.



I wouldn't even call myself lucky - but I do consider myself to be fortunate. I think so many of the good things I have in my life now can be traced back to my happy childhood. I had security, love, comfort, fun, faith, family, friends, food, shelter, and celebrations. It's hard for me to separate the smart adult decisions I make today from the solid foundation of my childhood.





My portrait is my 6th birthday party - just a snapshot of one of a million moments of my happy life as a child. With an October birthday I had more than one Halloween party growing up. The cake that year was a ghost with 2 egg shell halves for eyes and a candle in each shell to make the eyes glow. It was the coolest cake ever.





This is a good chance for me to thank RGLHM for scanning all of my parents' albums and saving the pictures to a disc. What a great gift that was. I had so much fun today flipping through my childhood photographs. And bonus! It is so awesome that you scanned the covers of the albums, too.




16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great Post. I love Tuesday's even though it is still Monday night here. That is very cool that you have all your photos scanned in. Love that cover. I think we had that one too.

Unknown said...

sweet post. you are fortuante to have such a great collection of photo/memories from your childhood.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great childhood.

I used the rabbit pattern you sent in seminary yesterday. I wanted to teach the kids about a pattern that the Lord taught and introduced the subject by having the kids use the pattern to make a successful rabbit. (There was no way I'd have enough scissors for the classes, so I just had them tear carefully around the traced marks. It worked great and the rabbits looked normal...and fluffy!) Thanks again for the pattern, they loved doing it.

jenny said...

I love flipping through old childhood photos. What a great thing to have and so priceless.

Amy said...

I like your subtle differentiation between lucky and fortunate. So beautiful to archive all your photos & I love that the album covers were included...they surely evoke a slew of memories as well.

I am Laura said...

I need to get all my old photos scanned too. I was one of the lucky ones too with a great childhood and wonderful parents. Aren't we blessed.

Angie said...

I love that we both feel more fortunate than lucky. Great childhood memories and even great that all of the pictures are on discs.

Michelle Alley said...

Barb - Thanks for your comments. Your daughter sounds a lot like me! Especially how I was at her age. I knew my strong points were not the spoken word - and the piano allowed me to show my feelings. My mom used know how I felt by how hard, fast, or slow I played. I look forward to getting know you better! And I appreciated your comments about your family on this post. Sincerely, Michelle A.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Isn't it a fortunate thing to come from a home full of love? You are LUCKY to have such photos! I love looking at our old photos and better get moving on my own albums! I am so behind!

Mandy said...

We are lucky/fortunate to come from such wonderful childhoods. I only hope my kids will look back on their childhoods with as much fondness and love as I have for my own.

Emily said...

I think a safe, secure and happy childhood is one of the greatest blessings anyone can have.

Ortensia Norton said...

You and Carmen look a like in that photo.

I can't take all the credit for the scanning. Mr.thinkimsofunny did about half. Ah i've been corrected b/c Mr. is home. I had the idea and started it but he did most of the scanning...no cable at WPL:-)

Serendipity said...

How wonderful to have all your photos scanned like that...

Cute yellow gingham dress too!

annalisa said...

Most of the posts I've come across have no lucky charms either.

Anonymous said...

I agree -- a wonderful gift from RGLHM and Mr. Funny. Keith is making me go back to look at your post, so I can't finish commenting. But, great post.

Crystalyn said...

what a nice thing to have! wow! and very cute pic!