Saturday 24 February 2007

Life's a barrel of monkeys

Check out my new banner! The incredibly talented Chris created it for me. You're looking at the end result of her hard work.

I emailed Chris a picture of a wall in my family room. Based on the picture, and reading through my blog Chris came up with a first draft. She was so intuitive with what she came up with - she tied multiple elements of the essence of me into one banner. My favorite part of the first draft, though, were these monkeys. Now, my personal style is very edited: clean lines, simple shapes, repetition of one idea. So I asked Chris to edit the banner down to just that single element. She tweaked the color and the font to come up with the masterpiece that is my banner.

I love the retro-humor of the barrel of monkeys with the custom colors that are so me. Thanks again, Chris.

7 comments:

Barb said...

In my very first post I confessed to being a slow typer. Today proves it. Kelly and Amy both commented (on my previous post) about my new banner before I could blog about it myself!

Anonymous said...

We're just blog stalkers. And, I just came back to see your banner again. Chris is very talented.

Anonymous said...

I love your banner! I love what it tells us about you.

Mandy said...

Your banner is very cool. I am thinking about having her design one for me. I loved what she did with Kelly's and have been pondering it ever since.

Crystalyn said...

love it!!!! very fun!

Unknown said...

i LOVE your new banner!

annalisa said...

Love the new banner! It's very cute. Maybe you'll get more blog stalkers who just want to look at your cute monkeys.