Wednesday 31 January 2007

When you need an excuse any excuse will do . . .

Top 10 reasons not to blog:

1. I'm a slow typer.
2. I have privacy issues.
3. My mom read my diary when I was a teenager.
4. The phrase 'alone with my thoughts' may never apply to me again.
5. I should be working on my relationships with the people all around me.
6. I have a goal to spend more time standing out in the street chatting with my neighbours. (Canadian spelling, eh?)
7. I have control issues: I want to choose who reads my blog.
8. I have control issues: I really want to choose who doesn't read my blog.
9. I look back in old journals and don't always like what I wrote.
10. Couldn't come up with one more, so here I am!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a funny post! And oh, so true. Welcome aboard. Can't wait to read more.

Ortensia Norton said...

Oh my word. I'm in shock but not. So exciting. Now that there are 3 of us, it makes it family history. NO more guilt.

As for your reasons not to, I totally understand #2. DOn't care much any more for #5,6; #7&8 are the reason my blog was unknown to most for 10 months and I started a new; #9 still happens; I often tell myself I should take delete the post I just put up b/c it was dumb.

Never the less, I haven't had this much silly fun since I was a giddy young adult. YAHOO!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am in shock -- but SO excited! That is a good list (#3 - oh dear!), but I am very glad you couldn't make it to ten. #9 was a great hesitation for me. I have helter skelter journals from various stages of adolescence that kill me. At least this way there are no delusions that nobody else will ever read it.

What a happy day!

Anonymous said...

I'm Kel's friend, so I hope that gives me a ticket to "ok to read your blog"! I agree with your list, but it's honestly too much fun to miss out on!

Anonymous said...

so funny! so creative. girl welcome and i am so thrilled to someone else love those silhouettes as much as me.
i seriously think i am getting one made ofmyself!