Friday 23 February 2018

The story of my 25 year work anniversary cruise will always be the story of Ken's knee

To celebrate 25 years of loyalty to my dental office, my bosses sent Ken and I on a 1 week cruise of our choice including air fare. We chose a mediterranean cruise in the fall.


We flew in to Venice a couple of days before the cruise started and walked around a little our first afternoon there.



It is a beautiful city


The next morning we set off to really see the sights, but our day was cut short.


In a fluke accident Ken slipped on some oily and algae coated steps by the Grand Canal and tore his right quadricep tendon. He spent the rest of the day in bed.


I made a couple of trips out: first to find crutches, and second to buy some sandwiches for dinner.


Ken managed to hobble along the entire trip with just crutches and Advil. In hindsight it is crazy that we just didn't come home.

No comments: