Saturday 20 August 2016

Class 1 and Class 2 Building Hope Academy


For classes 1 and 2, we brought a book about differences and acceptance. It had very simple sentences like "It's okay to be small" and "It's okay to have big ears"


The kids made their own "It's okay" statements and then they had to draw what they wrote which turned out to be a difficult task, referring to their sentence and matching the drawing up with it. One girl drew a person with orange hair and blue eyes as her silly idea and she just couldn't believe it when I showed her a picture on my phone of my son with orange hair and blue eyes.


We also brought a class set of the book the Building Hope Society wrote, Just the Same as You


They liked the book, but what they really loved were the pictures on the back of some of their fellow students.

Friday was Phys Ed day, and they sprang on us that they wanted us to teach them some new games. 


We played 'What time is it Mr. Wolf' only we changed it to Mr. Lion. And then Teacher Julius changed it to: "And what time Mr. Lion say?" Oh, it cracked me up.


We also played what I call Snake Tag and Carmen and Chloe call Blob Tag

After our fun games the kids ran relay races on a track outlined by scrunched up pieces of paper held down by rocks. I wish I'd taken a picture of that.

No comments: