Friday 20 July 2012

July 2: London in earnest

There is nothing better than a hop-on, hop-off bus tour to see London.


We were lucky enough to get on at the first stop of the day which put us up top, but protected from the rain.


The city is looking good for the Olympics!


We won't ever confuse our sunny pictures from last year with our 2012 visit.


We might have more pictures of Big Ben than the Eiffel Tower.


I'm sure you're getting the idea:


It was wet.


Midday rain let up for a bit, and the time was right for the changing of the guard. It was lame. It turns out that last year Ken and I happened upon a special ceremony, Trooping the Colour, in celebration of Queen Elizabeth's birthday, which was much more impressive. 


To a certain extent a trip like this has a to-do list. Westminster Abbey - check!


There is a tower in the heart of London.


I could make a coffee table book about the stairs of Europe.


Ravens are still kept at the tower. They didn't creep me out yet at this point, but I learned more about ravens over our holiday and now I'm a little afraid of them.


Names carved into the walls of the prison.


My favourite part of touring the Tower of London. It looks like people live in flats in the outer wall! I would totally stay there if I could. I don't know, maybe they're just offices.




Da kids.


We never did find the entrance to the Ministry of Magic.


Chloe is always willing to jump into a picture.


Catching a few winks on the metro.


Ditto.


We established our walking pattern early. Ken in the lead, me herding from the back.


No comments: