Sunday 19 December 2010

And now you've seen 6 of the 9 photos I've taken this month

(As if it's November or something.)
(November is a notoriously low photo-taking month in our house.)



We've had the usual plethora of Christmas concerts, all well documented - because nothing says 'I love you' like mom simultaneously managing a video and a still-photo camera.

What we haven't managed to do is go sledding or skating because Chloe is sick again. She's on her 7th antibiotics of 2010. My doctor tells me that eight-in-a-year is the magic number for a tonsillectomy, but this one has gone to her lymph nodes in a big way and I'm ready for an ENT referral. Now.

I'm also a little bit ready for January and healthy eating. My family's been doing a food version of *Gone in 60 Seconds*. Or at least 24 hours. I made over a gallon of Egg Nog yesterday and there wasn't any left tonight to wash down the shortbread cookies we baked for dessert today. More than a gallon! Gone!

Anyhow. I'm threatening vegan at this point because it will take a month of the other extreme to balance out the butter and cream consumption in December. Okay, probably not totally vegan, but if I did, I'd make this my new home page: Oh She Glows. And the best part is she's Canadian so I figure I should be able to find the ingredients. Woo-hoo!

5 comments:

Marie said...

How did I miss that Carmen is taking the flute?

Beautiful picture!

Tiffany said...

Aha! I'm not the only mom sometimes doing two cameras at the same time! :)

I hope Chloe feels better soon!

Jill said...

Oh no, poor Chloe!

The treat situation in your house sounds good to me.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ahhhhhhh, I do love dairy products . . . nothing like a creamy soup, sauce, or melted butter.

Poor Chloe. If 8 is what it takes I hope she gets another one really soon so she can get over this.

michelle said...

I love your "nothing says 'I love you'" sentence! That's me as well.

I hope you get to see the ENT soon! Misery. (Of course, tonsillectomies are none too fun, either.)

I've never made egg nog!