Friday, 31 October 2008

Schmalloween

I am all Halloween'd out and the trick-or-treat-ing hasn't even started!

In the last week we had a ward party, a friend party, and today was the costume parade at school:



The mustache really made the mountie costume.



Three different minor football teams were represented in Steven's school class.



Chloe wore the tiger costume that I bought for Jaclyn 10 years ago. I remember I really stressed myself out over the $20 price tag on this costume, but I justified the purchase by telling myself that all my children would wear it. As it turns out this costume cost me $5/kid - a number I would have been comfortable with even 10 years ago.

As for Jaclyn, she went to a Halloween party at a friend's house last night (today was a day off for high school). Her last minute costume decision was to buy a witch hat at the dollar store, wear her normal clothes, and call herself Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

carlo said...

don't you love to see the costumes used again?

love it.

the mountie costume is fantastic.

i am sure j's looks great but it is not showing on my computer?

michelle said...

I adore seeing costumes get used over and over. Eva wore a jack-o-lantern that I made for Max 11 years ago. Hooray! All that work was worth it!

The Mountie costume is perfect.

I am glad Halloween is over.

Christy said...

Don't forget the year we borrowed the tiger to be 'Calvin and Hobbes'. That's $4 per kid, but I guess i owe you $ then.

Tiffany said...

Love the kids and their costumes!

Years ago for my first baby I slaved away making a little pumpkin vest for my little baby. All of the kids have worn it for their first halloween! It's fun to see each of them in the same costume!

Jenny S said...

I love that your daughter found away to dress up with out really haveing to dress up. Sabrina the teenage witch. Great idea.

Jill said...

I love it when costumes get recycled with other kids!

I'm sorry you are Halloweened out, we only had a class party at school, no ward party or friend parties this year.

Laurie said...

I love the mountie costume!

I was thinking of organizing some kind of costume exchange. I can't justify spending the money on them either, especially when the prospects of the costumes being used again are not so good in my case.

Marie said...

I know I've said it before, but the mountie costume is the best thing ever.

Maybe a hand-me-down for your sister's family when your kids outgrow it?

Michelle @ A Happy Heart said...

Jaclyn is so funny, really it was a great idea! So glad that costume has worked so well for you! I think that the 20 dollars has paid off!

April said...

It really does go on too long, doesn't it?

Tell Jaclyn what a clever girl she is.

Kelly said...

Brynlee and I are loving Carmen's costume.