Friday 17 August 2007


26 letters for 26 years!


A auntie to my kids - they love her!

B believer

C cable, or the lack of it

D dirk's wife

E energy to spare

F family home evening wizard

G great cook

H hazel eyes

I i named her

J just beautiful

K kathleen - her middle name

L laughter (hers sounds the same as mine but she maybe does it more often)

M mom, and she's devoted to motherhood

N for our maiden name

O optimistic

P public speaking is one of her strongest talents

Q quiet discipline - I've never seen her lose it with her kids

R reezie-chuck (her childhood nickname)

S scrapbooking

T ten years younger than me

U unbelievable energy. i know i covered this under 'e' but it's worth repeating

V vacuuming - we grew up in the same vacuum crazy house - now I love it and she hates it!

W whistling - she's so good at it!

X xylophone - she's the current guardian of our xylophone
'
Y youngest kid in our family

Z Zzzzzzz's I'm sure with 3 small children she's not getting enough of these!


It's fun to wander through the alphabet with you and tell you what she means to me!

10 comments:

Barb said...

Thanks for the alphabet list idea, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

marie,

If I had done that list it might have been a little different. For example, D could have stood for Dancing lessons that Mark took her 2 times a week for years and years. Or D could have stood for Dishes she never did and that Mark had to do for her. Or D could have stood for Daddy's little girl that got everything she wanted and Mark never got anything.

It's probably best that I don't try this for any other letter.

Marie said...

So fun! Thanks for the thoughtful list. It made me smile and feel loved. My first blogging tribute!

Mark - I refuse to take your bait. We both know who did more dishes in our house!

Anonymous said...

I definately know Marie did a lot of dishes, because she always had to wash them when I was a little kid who wanted to play with her.

Price Cream Parlor said...

I love this for a birthday list! So fun!
Happy birthday, Marie!

Ortensia Norton said...

Mark really is very sweet for all who only read his comments.

That was amazing Barb!! That was really cool. HP Marie!!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Marie!

Michelle Alley said...

Weezie chuck? Did I get that right! You are such a great sister, Barb - 10 years - but still so close. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love this list! Every letter fits you so well, Marie! Happy Birthday.

Jill said...

This is a great list Barb and a fun way to celebrate Marie!