Thursday 10 May 2007


Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.



Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.



Faith is like a little seed:


If planted it will grow.



Faith is a swelling within my heart.


When I do right, I know.


I was out shopping with Chloe recently, and while we were at the store she spotted cotton balls and asked, "Can we make faith necklaces again?"

There was a time when I lived and breathed primary, and everything I saw had possible applications to my calling working with the children at church. I've made faith necklaces at stake achievement days (as they were called back then), I've made faith necklaces for sharing time, and I've made them for family home evening. I have a brother in law who is a pharmacist, and he was kind enough to order a bunch of pill containers in bulk for me the first time I made the necklaces. I must have ordered 200 vials, because I'm still using containers from my original order! I saw the idea in Family Fun magazine, and directions are here on the family fun website. The only changes I've made to their instructions are that I use a dry cotton ball in the bottom of each container to soak up the way over drenched cotton ball the kids inevitably put on top. Oh, and I also use 2 seeds between the cotton balls, just in case one doesn't sprout.

I wanted to share this craft because the theme for primary this year is:

I'll Follow Him in Faith

6 comments:

Ortensia Norton said...

Awesome. Camille will love that.

Michelle Alley said...

I've never heard of 'faith necklaces' really cute idea. The photos of your girls making them was really sweet. Happy stuff!

Anonymous said...

The pill containers are a wonderful idea. The girls' kindergarten teacher does this every year, (not with faith), but uses a baggie, which turns kind of disgusting over time.

Cute pictures of the girls.

Elizabeth said...

I have never heard of these. So glad you shared. My daughter would love this.

melanie said...

I just got my first primary calling (I have always been in YW) and I am learning that everything ends up a thought for primary. Very cool idea. One that I might have to copy!

Amy said...

Wonderful idea. You amaze me with all your creativity!