Monday 12 February 2007

Today's work


My Grandma Phoebe embroidered a set of 'daily work' tea towels for each of her granddaughters. I'm sure none of us use them to dry dishes. These tea towels have turned out to be very me in that I'm a little rigid about my housework schedule. Monday I clean house, Tuesday I run errands and volunteer at school, Wednesday is laundry (I know, I know, the tea towel has laundry on Monday), Thursday I practise dental hygiene, Friday I get ready for the weekend which is different from week to week. I threw out the routine today and didn't clean house; now it won't be clean till next Monday, I guess. I worked on projects that have been piling up. Chloe and I finished her valentines for school, and I made some arrangements for our ski holiday that have been on my to do list for quite awhile. I also did a little redecorating:


I framed and hung the silhouettes of my kids over the telephone desk, and I added a couple of little somethings to my laundry room to make me smile. I've had these old sewing patterns for such a long time, and I wanted to put them up, but I was just waiting for the perfect way to display them.


Usually on Mondays Chloe doesn't have school, so she is my little helper with the housework. I really didn't need or want her help with what I did today, which meant she watched a whole lot of T.V. When we got in the car to go pick up the other kids from school she rubbed her forehead and told me, "I watched too much T.V. today. I have a mybraine."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those towels are a treasure. I LOVE the way your silhouettes turned out framed. They are so simple and striking.

And, I'm excited you finally found a place (and the perfect way to hang!) your old sewing patterns. They look great on the hangers. Perfect for the laundry room in many ways.

Amy said...

I love this type of entry... inspiration, ideas. Where on earth did you find those hangers? I love it all.

Mandy said...

Very cute ideas! I am so impressed with your creativity. Can you loan me some?

Chloe's comment was extremly cute.

Ortensia Norton said...

Ah, finally 2 mins to comment.

What brilliant and ingenious decorating! I might start stealing all of them and all the rest you've put up.

Chloe cracks me UP!! She is so beyond her years!

annalisa said...

THe silhouettes are very cute. Those must make you smile. I love the mybrain too. My daughter often asks me if light is bothering me today trying ot grasp the whole concept of migraines.

Crystalyn said...

so, so cute!

happy valentine's day barb!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love what you've done. I love the way you displayed the patterns--that's really creative. And The Life of Pi party? That's great! I love the matchbooks with the quotes. What a great idea. Our family really enjoyed that book.