Friday 9 February 2007

Paper or Plastic?

My dishwasher broke this week. It has an electronic control panel that's been collecting some humidity, and now the control panel isn't working at all. Of course I didn't realize the dishwasher wasn't working till I had a full load of dirty dishes and I tried to turn it on. It took 5 days of just washing dishes as we used them before we got to washing the dirty dishes sitting in the dishwasher. I've now turned to paper plates and plastic cups and cutlery. The recycler inside of me is not happy about it, but I'm not listening to her. My husband thought I was brilliant when I came home from the store with the picnic supplies. He'd happily eat off Royal Chinet the rest of our lives, which I think is very much a guy thing.

I'm going to have to wait till February 26th before the repairman can come. It's not all his fault, part of the problem is we're going away on a family ski trip for a week, so between his schedule and our vacation our dishwasher will be out of commission for a couple more weeks. Luckily, the cabin at the ski resort has a dishwasher!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cabin dishwasher will have never seemed so fabulous!

annalisa said...

you poor thing! It's that full load of dirty dishes that gets me. It wouldn't be as bad if you found out on empty right?

Ortensia Norton said...

Good on you for IGNORING the voice. Sometimes sanity and free time are better than the environment:-)