Tuesday 20 February 2007

Good times had by all

Well, it sounds like the skiers are having a great time. I'm enjoying what is feeling like my week off:

  • no make up
  • no cooking
  • no phone calls (very few people know I'm home)
  • all caught up on my mending
  • did a little sewing project with Chloe: we made a poncho for her baby doll
  • made a baby blanket for a friend who's expecting #5 any day now
  • played like a bazillion board games including a new one from Value Village: Ravensburger's Madeline
  • made name stamps like this
  • slumber party watching DVD's in my bed every night
  • all caught up on the photo book I'm working on
  • did an inventory of my food storage and a grocery list to replenish it (we're getting low on red lentils, which I sure didn't foresee when I first bought them - turns out the kids like red lentil soup)
  • started working on a photo wall for my master bedroom - it's going to be all places we love
  • ordered fabric from Cia's Palette for some future projects
  • ordered some supplies for a super cool top secret craft to do with my kids, neices, and nephews at my parents' cabin this summer
  • orgainized and wiped out the kitchen drawers, next I'm tackling the den
  • made clothes pin dolls
  • coming up: an easybake-a-thon tomorrow

My mom once told me that she wished she could have had each of her five kids spaced 18 years apart so that she could have enjoyed each one without the distractions of the other four. I'm getting a delicious taste of that this week.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I am so glad you are able to have some one on one time with Chloe. It sounds like you guys are having a great girls week.

Ortensia Norton said...

Ah, I feel a sense of accomplishment just reading that list.

I obviously have no idea what it is like to have children close together, though I hope I don't have them 18 years a part. There are many days that I have thought 'this wonderful moment probably or wouldn't have happened if I had another one to take care of.' I have really been trying to suck the marrow out of our life, and enjoy the blessings of just having one to dote on:-)

Anonymous said...

That one on one is so rare and special. I'm sure Chloe is loving this! I'm impressed at all you are getting done.

We had some friends in our last ward who would announce they were going out of town for a weekend (or sometimes longer), and then they really wouldn't go. But, they enjoyed being home without the phone calls and other demands.